12/11/13

{Behind Closed Doors}

I knocked on the door hoping that the woman who had opened her broken heart up to me a couple weeks prior would be there.  I knocked once, twice, three times....I knew that someone was there cause I could hear baby's crying and screaming.  Part of me wanted to just walk away.  I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into, or if I would even be wanted there.  I stayed.  Soon a little boy probably about 3 or 4 came to the door.   I asked if his mommy was there.  He looked at me strange and then said, "Well, Mary's here.  Come in."  At this point I could hear Mary yelling and another little boy crying...so going in by invitation of a small child seemed a little intrusive.  As I was trying to decide what to do Mary came around the corner, and saw me.  She quickly put a smile on her face and greeted me as if life was never better.  I could tell she felt a little uncomfortable so I handed her the cd I had brought to give her.  Gave her a little encouraging word and went on my way.

I kind of felt like I walked in on someone in a bathroom stall that was not locked.  And I am sure she felt the same way.  Exposed.  We are so used to putting on the fake smile and making it seem like everything is fantastic when in reality you are screaming inside, desperate for something.  Something to bring relief to the pain, something to fill up your emptiness.  Someone to encourage you in your mothering, and cheer you on!  But so often we are afraid to be real, to show our true colors.  To show that we really do need help.  Or to be the one to knock on the door of a mom that could use some support.  To put yourself out there and be vulnerable, honest, and a giver of hope.

Hope is something that is missing in so many lives.  Won't you take the leap of faith this christmas season to love on someone that needs to know that Jesus loves them, offer hope to this hopeless world.  Go and knock, it will be scary, you may be rejected....but SHE is worth it!  Jesus thought so when he stretched his arms and died for HER.



"You broke into the silence and sang your song of hope
A melody resouning in the deep of my soul
You have come running
You tore down every wall
All the while you’re shouting, 
“My Love you’re worth it all”
Unstoppable Love by Kim Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment